Do you need to know how to activate a Fidelity bank USSD code? This post tells you how to register your phone for *770# banking and use it to make transactions.
To activate the Fidelity bank USSD code, dial *770# from your registered phone number (Mtn, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile) and follow the on-screen instructions to create your PIN. Then, you can use the code to transfer money to any bank account without an ATM card. You can also use your PIN to check your balance, buy airtime, pay bills, etc.
So, this post will help you understand how activation works and other things that are related.
What is the USSD code for Fidelity Bank?
The USSD code for Fidelity bank is *770#. It is a quick and easy way to send money, check your balance, buy airtime, or pay bills from your phone. This USSD code works on any phone, whether it’s a simple phone or a smartphone, and on all of Nigeria’s major mobile networks, including MTN, Glo, Airtel, and 9 Mobile.
To use the Fidelity code *770#, you need to register it on your phone by entering the information from your ATM card. Then, make your unique USSD PIN, which you will use to confirm all future transactions.
Is it safe and sound to use Fidelity Bank USSD?
The Fidelity bank *770# USSD banking is safe and secure because you have to confirm all your banking transactions with your unique PIN. So, keep your PIN and your ATM debit card to yourself.
If you lose your phone, you can immediately block Fidelity bank USSD banking by dialing *770*Phone Number# from any phone. For example, to get your phone number, dial *770*08012345678#.
How to Use the USSD Code for Fidelity Bank Banking
How to Use USSD Code for Fidelity Bank
You have to register the *770# on your phone before you can use it. Here are the steps you need to take to set up and use the Fidelity bank USSD code:
- Enter the code *770# on your phone that is registered with Fidelity Bank. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.
- Type in the last four numbers on your ATM debit card.
- Make up a unique USSD PIN, and then confirm it.
- Get a message that the activation was successful.
- Check out this post on the Fidelity transfer code and limit to learn how to send money to other bank accounts.
Need to Activate Fidelity Bank USSD Code
Before you can use the Fidelity bank USSD code on your phone, you need to do the following:
- Have a real bank account with Fidelity
- Have a debit card for an ATM
- Use the number associated with your bank account.
- Your mobile network’s airtime for Network charge. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.
- After that, dial *770# to turn on the USSD banking.
- How do I use an ATM debit card to activate a Fidelity Bank USSD code?
- With your USSD PIN and the Fidelity bank code *770#, you can do any banking transaction, like a transfer or an airtime payment, without using your ATM debit card. When you set up the USSD code, you only need a debit card that is linked to your account to set up your PIN. You don’t need it after that.
Since you can’t get into your account on the phone without an ATM card, you can’t use the Fidelity bank USSD code without an ATM card.
So, go to any Fidelity branch near you and ask for a debit card.
How much does it cost to activate Fidelity USSD on the network?
The mobile network (MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9Mobile) will charge you 6.98 Naira when you want to activate the Fidelity bank USSD code *770# and every time you use the code for banking transactions.
How to Reset USSD PIN for Fidelity
If you need to change or reset your Fidelity bank USSD 4-digit PIN, dial *770*00# from your registered phone (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.). Then, follow the instructions on the screen. If you forget your PIN when you sign up for Fidelity bank USSD banking, this code will help you get it back.
How to unblock Fidelity USSD Banking
You might need to block your account if you lost your phone. To turn off Fidelity Bank USSD mobile banking, dial *770*Phone Number# (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile). Then, just follow the instructions on the screen and type in your 6-digit PIN.
If your Fidelity bank ATM debit card is lost, stolen, or someone knows your PIN, you can block the card by dialing *770*911#.
Dial *770# on your registered phone to unblock your Fidelity bank USSD banking (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.). Then, follow the instructions on the screen.
Fidelity *770# USSD banking to buy airtime, pay bills, check balance, and open an account
Other USSD Banking Codes for Fidelity
- Transfer money to a bank account at Fidelity: Dial *770*Nuban Account Number*Amount# to move money to other bank accounts: To buy airtime for yourself, dial *770*Nuban Account Number*Amount#. Enter *770*Amount# to buy a recharge for MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile.
- Pay for someone else’s airtime: To buy an MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile recharge, type *770*Phone Number*Amount#.
- How to get money out of an ATM without a Debit Card: To withdraw money without a card, call *770*8*Anount# and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Bills to pay: Dial *770# and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Check the amount in your Fidelity bank account: Dial code *770*0#
- Dial *770*911# to block your debit card.
- To open a bank account at Fidelity, call *770*01#.
How to Use the Bank USSD Service to Check Your Fidelity Bank Account Balance
*770*0# is the USSD code for checking the balance of a Fidelity account.
So, you will dial *770*# and wait for the next screen. At the end, you will need to enter your service pin to finish the operation.
Via Mobile App
If you can’t use the bank’s USSD service to check your account balance, you might want to use the bank’s mobile app instead.
You can get the Fidelity bank app from the play store if you don’t already have it on your phone.
How to See What’s in Your Ecobank Account
Use your account number, ATM card, or passcode to sign up or log in. If you want to use a passcode but don’t have one, you will need to download the Fidelity passcode app to get one.
Once your mobile app is set up, you can log in. On the dashboard at the top, you can see how much money you have left.
Through the Fidelity Bank Branch
If you don’t have everything you need to check your account balance, you might want to go to a bank branch instead.
Go to a Fidelity Bank branch near you with your account number and the phone number that is linked to it.
When you get to the bank, go up to a teller and ask to see how much money is in your account. Then, you give them either your account number or your phone number. Your account balance will be checked on their computer system and given to you in writing.