Flutterwave and Chipper Cash are two notable financial technology companies in Africa that provide clients with innovative digital solutions. Both businesses provide a variety of services, such as mobile payments, money transfers, and online transactions. This article compares Flutterwave and Chipper Cash in order to determine which is superior.
The adoption of fintech has increased considerably over time, resulting in the emergence of a multitude of digital financial service providers.
Eversend and Chipper Cash are two of the most well-known digital financial service providers in Africa. While they share similarities, they are distinguished by significant differences.
Flutterwave is a Nigerian fintech company that provides merchants and institutions across Africa with payment infrastructure. The company was established in 2016 and has expanded its operations to several countries across the continent as it has grown rapidly. Among the services offered by Flutterwave are payment processing, billing, and virtual cards.
In contrast, Chipper Cash is a San Francisco-based fintech venture that operates in several African nations, including Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and Uganda. The company’s primary offering is mobile money transfer, which allows users to transmit and receive money internationally. Other services offered by Chipper Cash include bill payments and virtual cards.
Fees are an important factor to consider when selecting a fintech platform. Both Flutterwave and Chipper Cash offer competitive mobile money transfer fees, spanning between 1% and 3%. Flutterwave charges 1.4% plus 50 NGN for local transactions in Nigeria and 3.8% plus 30 KES for transactions in Kenya. For mobile money transfers in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana, Chipper Cash charges 1.5%.
Both Flutterwave and Chipper Cash have invested in comprehensive security measures to safeguard their customers’ information and financial transactions. Flutterwave employs industry-standard encryption technology to safeguard customer data, and the platform is PCI DSS compliant, ensuring the security of all card transactions. In addition to using encryption technology and two-factor authentication to secure client transactions, Chipper Cash also employs encryption technology.
Customer service is an essential component of any service, and both Flutterwave and Chipper Cash offer superior customer service. Flutterwave provides email and telephone support, as well as a knowledge base containing answers to frequently asked queries. In addition to email and live chat support, Chipper Cash’s customers have access to a help centre containing in-depth guidelines for various services.
Eversend and Chipper Cash have some similarities, which include:
- Mobile Money: Both platforms allow users to send and receive money via mobile devices, leveraging the use of mobile money.
- Multi-currency Support: Eversend and Chipper Cash support multiple currencies, allowing users to transact with different currencies easily.
- User-friendly Interface: Both platforms are user-friendly, making it easy for users to navigate and use their services.
- Security: Eversend and Chipper Cash prioritize the security of their users’ information and transactions, ensuring that their platforms are secure.
Despite their similarities, Eversend and Chipper Cash have differences that set them apart. Below are some of the differences:
- Services Offered: Eversend offers services such as international money transfer, bill payments, and virtual debit cards, while Chipper Cash mainly focuses on peer-to-peer payments and mobile recharge.
- Availability: While Eversend is available in several African countries and Europe, Chipper Cash is currently available in a limited number of African countries.
- Fees: The fees charged by Eversend and Chipper Cash differ. Eversend charges a flat fee for transactions, while Chipper Cash charges a percentage of the transaction amount.
- Withdrawal Options: Eversend allows users to withdraw money to their bank accounts, while Chipper Cash allows users to withdraw money via mobile money, bank transfer, or cash pick-up.
Eversend and Chipper Cash: Which One is Better?
The choice between Eversend and Chipper Cash depends on your particular requirements.
Eversend may be the superior option if you need to make international money transfers, pay expenses, or use a virtual debit card.
If you need to make peer-to-peer payments and mobile recharge, however, Chipper Cash may be a superior option.
Below is a chart comparing some of the most important features of Eversend and Chipper Cash:
|Services Offered||International money transfer, bill payments, virtual debit cards||Peer-to-peer payments, mobile recharge|
|Availability||Several African countries, Europe||Limited number of African countries|
|Fees||Flat fee||Percentage of transaction amount|
|Withdrawal Options||Bank accounts||Mobile money, bank transfer, cash pick-up|
Eversend and Chipper Cash are two digital financial service providers that have emerged in Africa.
While they share similarities such as mobile money, multi-currency support, user-friendly interfaces, and security, they also have differences that set them apart.
Both Flutterwave and Chipper Cash provide outstanding services; the choice depends on the customer’s requirements. Flutterwave’s platform is more comprehensive, offering multiple payment channels, whereas Chipper Cash focuses primarily on mobile money transfers.
Flutterwave has a larger presence on the continent than Chipper Cash, which is limited to a few nations. Flutterwave may be a superior option for businesses and merchants that require a more robust platform, whereas Chipper Cash is an excellent option for individuals who require mobile money transfer services.
Choosing between Eversend and Chipper Cash depends on your specific needs, and the chart above can help you make an informed decision.